If you happen to find yourself in Michigan, and fancy going to the movies… don’t worry if you can’t remember your password for the online ticketing website.
Because if you happen to visiting one of the multiplexes owned by the MJR Digital Cinemas group then they’ve made it really easy for you.
In fact, they’ve not only made it really easy for you – they’ve also made it easy for everybody:
Our system has been updated! Existing Premier Reward Members can log in to their account using a Username (Email Address) and Password (Last Name with first letter Capitalized). Please call your local MJR Theatre for immediate assistance.
I wonder why they bother to have any passwords at all, if they think it’s acceptable to reset them to be as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Might it not have been more sensible to have forced users to reset their passwords at their next login, rather than give them a password that any mischief-maker with half a brain cell could deduce?
Movie theaters which appear to be affected by this password madness include:
- Adrian Digital Cinema at 3150 North Adrian Highway, Adrian, MI
- Brighton Towne Square Digital Cinema, 8200 Murphy Drive, Brighton, MI
- Marketplace Digital Cinema, 35400 Van Dyke, Sterling Heights, MI
- Partridge Creek Digital Cinema, 17400 Hall Road, Clinton Township, MI
- Southgate Digital Cinema, 15651 Trenton Road, Southgate, MI
- Universal Grand Digital Cinema, 28600 Dequindre Road, Warren, MI
- Waterford Digital Cinema, 7501 Highland Road, Waterford Township, MI
- Westland Grand Cinema, 6800 North Wayne Road, Westland, MI