Just how did sextortionists get (some) of the digits in your phone number? Why are some hackers saying they won’t be going to DEF CON in Las Vegas anymore? And should Alex Jones from InfoWars be banned from Twitter?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- The Podcast Awards – The People's Choice
- Sex extortion emails now quoting part of their victim's phone number
- New Extortion Tricks: Now Including Your (Partial) Phone Number!
- In post-massacre Vegas, security policies clash with privacy values
- Katie Moussouris tweets about her Las Vegas hotel experience
- Video Shows Hotel Security at DEF CON Joking About Posting Photos of Guests' Belongings to Snapchat
- Google Spectre whizz kicked out of Caesars, blocked from DEF CON over hack 'attack' tweet
- Open letter to the Hacker Community from DEF CON's Head of Security
- Alex Jones banned from YouTube, Facebook, and Apple, explained
- Facebook, Apple, YouTube and Spotify ban Infowars' Alex Jones
- Now even YouPorn has banned Alex Jones, but he’s still on Twitter
- Twitter temporarily blocks Alex Jones from tweeting
- The Twitter Rules
- Giving social networking back to you – The Mastodon Project
- Charlottesville: Why one man is suing Alex Jones for defamation
- Shannon Coulter tweets about blocking Fortune 500 companies until Alex Jones is banned from Twitter
- lichess.org – Free Online Chess
- Magnus Carlsen playing as Dr Drunkenstein – YouTube
- Octopath Traveler for Nintendo Switch
- Alex Jones Rants as an Indie Folk Song – YouTube
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.