Bearded man entangled in dark web drugs market bust, Google researches how to make browser security warnings less confusing, and “bedroom entertainment systems” (ahem) probed for security holes.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Rich Baldry.
Rich Baldry - @RBaldry
- Feds catch a lord of the ‘dark web’ suspected of drug deals - Miami Herald
- Trip to world beard competition ends in arrest for alleged dark web drug dealer - The Guardian
- Austin Facial Hair Club
- The World Beard and Moustache Championships
- Glorious Portraits from the 2017 World Beard And Mustache Championship
- Where the wild warnings are: Root causes of Chrome HTTPS certificate errors [PDF]
- Screwdriving. Locating and exploiting smart adult toys - Pen Test Partners
- Wi-Fi sex toy with built-in camera fails penetration test - The Register Forums
- Topo by Ergodriven
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency - IMDb
- Dead roach in Utah man’s milkshake becomes Twitter hero - KSL.com
- Trevor The Roach: A Tribute Movie
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!