Equifax’s shambolic response to its huge data breach, a scary-sounding Bluetooth exploit, and Apple’s iPhone X comes with Face ID.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Javvad Malik.
Javvad Malik – @j4vv4d
- We tested Equifax's data breach checker — and it's basically useless | ZDNet
- Equifax hack: 44 million Britons' personal details feared stolen in major US data breach
- "The front page of Equifax's UK website. They don't seem to have room to mention the data breach affecting up to 44 million Brits." – Twitter
- Chatbot lets you sue Equifax for up to $25,000 without a lawyer – The Verge
- How to protect yourself in the wake of the Equifax data breach
- Ayuda! (Help!) Equifax Has My Data! — Krebs on Security
- BlueBorne Information from the Research Team – Armis Labs
- The five biggest questions about Apple’s new facial recognition system – The Verge
- Can the government force you to unlock your own phone? | The Guardian
- UK police have a new tactic to circumvent strong iPhone encryption: steal the unlocked phone out of the criminal’s hand | 9to5Mac
- The science that makes chess learning easier – Chessable.com
- You can actually be allergic to exercise – Pop Science
- Dr Mandell's Push and Pull Technique (20-Second Neck Pain Relief) – YouTube
- It's all about the Squinch! – YouTube
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Thanks to our sponsor:
This episode of Smashing Security is made possible by the generous support of Rapid7.
Identifying, prioritizing and managing vulnerabilities all the way through to remediation is not only possible, it can be simple. Right now.
Build a vulnerability management program that works for you with Insight VM, by Rapid7. Get started with your free 30 day trial at www.rapid7.com
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!