Join me and fellow computer security industry veterans Vanja Svajcer and Carole Theriault on the “Smashing Security” podcast, as we have another casual chat about the world of online privacy and computer security.Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | Overcast | Stitcher | RSS for you nerds.
Were hotel guests really trapped in their rooms by ransomware? Does anti-virus increase your attack surface so much that it’s not worth running at all? And 11% of people on the internet are running ad blockers, says company which blocks ad blockers.
Oh, and we have a new theme tune…
- Hotel guests locked in their rooms by ransomware? It doesn’t make sense
- Disable Your Antivirus Software (Except Microsoft’s)
- It might be time to stop using antivirus, and just regularly update your software instead
- No, disabling your anti-virus software does not make security sense
- Vesselin Bontchev tweets about Google’s Tavis Ormandy
- More than 10% of the Internet Population Is Now Using an Ad-Blocker, Finds Report
- A new report says ad blocking is worsening
- 500 publishers were hacked through anti-ad block tool PageFair
Hope you enjoy the show, and tell us what you think! You can follow the Smashing Security team at @SmashinSecurity on Twitter.
Oh, and if you’re wondering what happened to the Smashing Security video… click here.