Carole details how companies are spying on their stay-at-home workers, Mikko Hyppönen discusses the trustworthiness of video chat apps, and Graham gets embarrassed when he admits he’s bought a Facebook Portal for his in-laws.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast with Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Mikko Hyppönen – @mikko
- Herrasmieshakkerit — Mikko’s security podcast (in Finnish) with Tomi Tuominen.
- Video trailer for Herrasmieshakkerit — YouTube.
- Has Houseparty really been hacked? $1 million reward offered to unearth who is behind widespread claims — Graham Cluley.
- Houseparty declares that all accounts are safe — Twitter.
- Houseparty announces $1,000,000 bounty — Twitter.
- Zoom Meetings Do Not Support End-to-End Encryption — The Intercept.
- The most popular smartphones in 2019 — DeviceAtlas.
- The Zoom IPO (with Santi Subotovsky) — Acquired podcast.
- Cyber Volunteers – Protecting and Responding for our healthcare services! — CV19.
- Bosses Panic-Buy Spy Software to Keep Tabs on Remote Workers — Bloomberg.
- Your Bosses Are Trying To Spy On You Now More Than Ever — Futurism.
- Companies are using webcams to monitor employees working from home — Business Insider.
- Something Rhymes with Purple — Acast.
- Susie Dent on Twitter.
- Virtual choir from Finland: "Song of the Fearless" — YouTube.
- Someone's built the entire Earth in Minecraft – to scale — Eurogamer.
- The Earth in Minecraft, 1:1 scale …for the first time — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.