You won’t believe who had to report themselves to the data protection agency for a breach, or who has been sharing doctored videos of political rivals, or how much money you can make selling a laptop infected with malware… and how Carole gets her diva on.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who aren’t joined by a guest this week.
- Final chance to vote for Smashing Security!
- Apple Podcasts New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot Sections Are Back — Kate Erickson.
- When selling security awareness training by email, probably a good shout not to hit 'reply all' — The Register.
- Ghostery Email Incident Update — Ghostery.
- NHS IT bod sends test email to 850k users – and then responses are sent 'reply all' — The Register.
- Google mistakes the entire NHS for massive cyber-attacking botnet — The Register.
- UK NHS 850k Reply-all email fail: State health service blames Accenture — The Register.
- BCC warning when emailing to many TO/CC recipients — SafeSend.
- SendGuard for Outlook.
- Privacywaakhond AP blundert met cc-knop — Computable.
- Tweet by Jeroen Terstegge.
- Canada Plans Fines for Tech Companies That Spread Disinformation — Motherboard.
- #DeleteFacebook: Twitter Users Urge People To Deactivate Accounts After Fake Nancy Pelosi Video Goes Viral — Newsweek.
- Half of European voters may have viewed Russian-backed ‘fake news’ — Politico.
- Inside Facebook's war room: the battle to protect EU elections — The Guardian.
- The Nancy Pelosi Videos Are Part of a Long GOP Campaign — The Atlantic.
- Mona Lisa 'brought to life' with deepfake AI — BBC News.
- The Persistence Of Chaos — Guo O Dong.
- Samantha-Antoinette Smith.
- Samantha Antoinette – Don't You Know Baby – Copenhagen Blues Festival 2016 — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.