Don’t hire a hacker, they might scam you! What works and what doesn’t when it comes to protecting your email account? And China’s controversial social credit system comes under the microscope.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards
- "How to hack a Facebook account…" – how on earth to answer? — Graham Cluley.
- Hack for Hire: Exploring the Emerging Marketfor Account Hijacking — Report from University of California, San Diego and Google.
- Google research: Most hacker-for-hire services are frauds — ZDNet.
- New research: How effective is basic account hygiene at preventing hijacking — Google Online Security Blog.
- The complicated truth about China's social credit system — Wired.
- China bans 23m from buying travel tickets as part of 'social credit' system — The Guardian.
- Is China’s social credit system as Orwellian as it sounds? — MIT Technology Review.
- Opinion: Why India needs to be wary of China-style social credit ratings — LiveMInt.
- Mihail Tal vs. Vassily Smyslov // Sacrificial Maniac vs. Positional Maestro — YouTube.
- Outray Chess — YouTube.
- What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine — A documentary film produced by 455 Films.
- DS9 Doc Heads To Uk & Ireland – List of Locations — TrekSphere.
- Joe Rogan — Wikipedia.
- Tesla’s Elon Musk smokes weed on Joe Rogan podcast, havoc ensues – Vox — Vox.
- Faux Rogan — Can you tell which are real or fake (Faux Rogan)?
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.