A bad software update causes big headaches for Dutch police, but brings temporary freedom to criminals. SIM swaps are in the news again as fraudsters steal millions. And does your cloud photo storage service have a dirty little secret?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Rip Off Britain’s David McClelland.
David McClelland – @davidmcclelland
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards
- Software update crashes police ankle monitors in the Netherlands — ZDNet.
- Irishman facing more than 100 years in US prison for alleged $2.5m cryptocurrency fraud — Independent.ie
- U.S. investor awarded $75 million in cryptocurrency crime case — Reuters.
- The SIM Swap Fix That the US Isn't Using — Wired.
- Everalbum Photo Organizing App — YouTube.
- Facial recognition's 'dirty little secret': Millions of online photos scraped without consent — NBC News.
- Everalbum Review — Good Housekeeping.
- OverSimplified — YouTube.
- CGP Grey — YouTube.
- The Difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England Explained — YouTube.
- BBC One – Rip Off Britain, Series 11, Episode 3 — BBC iPlayer.
- All The Stations.
- Get a Spine! — This American Life.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.