Israel strikes back at Hamas’s hacking HQ, a new sextortion email comes with a twist, and Carole saves the world with some help from hacked Roomba vacuum cleaners.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Malicious Life’s Ran Levi.
Ran Levi – @ranlevi
- New Extortion Email Scam Threatens to Release Your Sex Tape — Bleeping Computer.
- Here's what an Ashley Madison blackmail letter looks like — Graham Cluley.
- Suicide and Ashley Madison — Graham Cluley.
- Israel bombs building containing alleged Hamas hackers — Graham Cluley.
- IDF says it thwarted a Hamas cyber attack during weekend battle — Times of Israel.
- Israel: Hamas Tried to Spy on Soldiers With Fake Dating Apps — Bloomberg.
- Ransomware attack on Israeli users fails miserably due to coding error — ZDNet.
- Michael Reeves on Twitter.
- A Robot That Picks Tomatoes Out of Your Salad — YouTube.
- A Robot That Shoots Energy Drink at You When You Get Tired — YouTube.
- Consumption of Tide Pods — Wikipedia.
- The Roomba That Screams When it Bumps Into Stuff — YouTube.
- This Person Does Not Exist.
- Have they faked me?
- Drugslab — YouTube.
- The Hows and Whys of Influencing People — Reddit.
- How Master Manipulators Conceal Their Intentions — Kletische.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.