Jack Rhysider from the “Darknet Diaries” podcast joins us to chat about his interview with the elusive Hacker Giraffe, how a death is preventing cryptocurrency investors from reaching their money, and how ‘beauty camera’ apps are redirecting users to phishing websites and stealing their selfies.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast, hosted by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Jack Rhysider – @jackrhysider
- This hypnotist helps people recover lost bitcoin passwords — CNBC.
- Good News! You Are a Bitcoin Millionaire. Bad News! You Forgot Your Password — Wall Street Journal.
- Quadriga CX announces the death of their CEO Gerald Cotten — Facebook.
- Set Up and Manage Emergency Access — LastPass.
- What is the Emergency feature and how to use it? — Dashlane.
- Inactive Account Manager — Google.
- Banks Hate Crypto In Canada: QuadrigaCX Exchange Sees $28M Frozen — NewsBTC.
- QuadrigaCX Owes Customers $190 Million, Court Filing Shows — Coindesk.
- John Darwin ("Canoe man") disappearance case — Wikipedia.
- Is it ever acceptable for a journalist to hack into somebody else’s email? — Naked Security.
- Hacker Giraffe — Darknet Diaries podcast.
- The PewDiePie Hackers: Could hacking printers ruin your life? — BBC News.
- Smashing Security on Hacker Giraffe's printer hacking exploits.
- Behind the apps: Why we want to look different online — BBC News.
- Various Google Play 'Beauty Camera' Apps Send Users Pornographic Content, Redirect Them to Phishing Websites and Collect Their Pictures — Trend Micro.
- Mr. Puzzle — YouTube.
- Dawn of the Code War: America's Battle Against Russia, China, and the Rising Global Cyber Threat — Amazon.
- Everything That Will Kill You… From A to Z — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.