Business email compromise evolves to target your company’s payroll, how the world’s largest gold coin was stolen from a Berlin museum, and are internet giants feeling the heat yet over data security?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by people hacker Jenny Radcliffe.
Jenny Radcliffe - @jenny_radcliffe
- Smashing Security on Reddit
- Business Email Compromise Scams Have Netted $12.5 Billion, Says FBI — Bitdefender.
- The 2 Investigators: Theft By ‘Business Email Compromise’ — YouTube.
- The Secret of My Success Soundtrack - “Oh yeah” by Yello — YouTube.
- How one company lost $44 million through an email scam — Tripwire.
- BEC Gangs Focus on Executives for Payroll Diversion Scams — Agari.
- Daring robbery: Rare gold coin worth millions stolen from Berlin’s Bode Museum — YouTube.
- Trial begins for 4 accused in gold coin heist — CBC.
- Four men go on trial for giant gold coin heist from Berlin museum — The Guardian.
- The CNIL’s restricted committee imposes a financial penalty of 50 Million euros against Google — CNIL.
- Portuguese hospital appeals GDPR fine — IT Governance blog.
- German chat site faces fine under GDPR after data breach — We Live Security.
- First GDPR fine issued by Austrian data protection regulator — Freshfields Digital.
- F.T.C. Is Said to Be Considering Large Facebook Fines — The New York TImes.
- The Office Quest Game.
- Office Quest - Nintendo Switch Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Radioactive wild boars rampaging around Fukushima nuclear site — The Independent.
- Maniac — Netflix.
- Waking Up Podcast #145 - The Information War — Sam Harris.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.