Twitter and the not-so-ethical hacking of celebrity accounts, study discovers how you can pay someone to quit Facebook for a year, and the millions of dollars you can make from uncovering software vulnerabilities.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Dad pays girl $200 to give up Facebook — YouTube.
- How much is social media worth? Estimating the value of Facebook by paying users to stop using it — PLOS.
- Being paid to quit Facebook — Graham Cluley.
- This account has been hijacked (temporarily)! — Insinia.
- Security firm hijacks high-profile Twitter accounts — BBC News.
- 'Serious' Twitter flaw allows hackers to post on other people's accounts — Computer Weekly.
- Twitter is Broken — The AntiSocial Engineer.
- About Twitter's SMS PIN feature — Twitter.
- How to Tweet via text message — Twitter.
- Earn $2,000,000 by remotely jailbreaking an iPhone — Graham Cluley.
- Zerodium Offers $2 Million for iOS Hacks, $1 Million for Chat App Exploits — Security Week.
- Life as a bug bounty hunter: a struggle every day, just to get paid — MIT Technology Review.
- Yahoo changes bug bounty policy following 't-shirt gate' — ZDNet.
- Equifax Was Warned — Motherboard.
- Remove Background from Image – remove.bg.
- 'Tidying Up With Marie Kondo' Is a Quiet Delight — The Atlantic.
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo | Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Bear Brook podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.