Millions of Facebook user accounts put at risk after hack! The UK Conservative party’s conference app causes a privacy omnishambles! And Facebook (again) has been doing something naughty with the phone numbers you give it for security reasons! Oh, and Maria gets very excited about something to do with Star Trek.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis - @mvarmazis
- Our Podcast Awards trophy acceptance video — Even though we didn’t actually win, we still thought you might like to see it.
- Virus Bulletin conference, Montreal — Say “Hi” to Carole if you see her there.
- Everything that went wrong during Theresa May’s 2017 conference speech - YouTube
- Die Hard on the One Show - Charlie Brooker’s Weekly Wipe - YouTube
- Conservative Party conference app reveals MPs’ numbers - BBC News
- The Tories Say They Were “Let Down” By A Conference App Platform After It Allowed Access To The Personal Numbers Of Hundreds Of MPs
- Conference apps are crap and (mostly) pointless
- Security Update – Facebook Newsroom
- The Facebook Security Meltdown Exposes Way More Sites Than Facebook
- Investigating sources of PII used in Facebook’s targeted advertising (PDF) — Research from Northeastern University.
- Facebook Is Giving Advertisers Access to Your Shadow Contact Information
- You Gave Facebook Your Number For Security. They Used It For Ads — The EFF is not impressed.
- The The One Show Show on iTunes
- manwhohasitall (@manwhohasitall) on Twitter
- Tiburn Enterprise Star Trek PC at Lenovo Tech World 2018 - YouTube
- Lenovo Sets Computer to Stun, Unveils Star Trek Enterprise PC
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.