Dogs are trained to sniff out hackers’ hard drives, facial recognition takes an ugly turn, and do you trust Google to book your hair appointment?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by investigative journalist Geoff White.
Geoff White - @geoffwhite247
- See Smashing Security LIVE!
- K-9 Helps Concord Cops Nab Student Hacker Who Upped Grades
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off - hacking the computer -YouTube
- Police Use Dog To Find Memory And Hard Drives In Search
- Dog Can Sniff Out Hidden Cellphones, Thumb Drives and More
- Facial Recognition and “ethnicity”
- Facial scans to identify bad Elvises at Porthcawl festival
- Masked Anonymous Protesters Aid Time Warner’s Profits
- Google Duplex: A.I. Assistant Calls Local Businesses To Make Appointments - YouTube
- New Siri update - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW - YouTube
- Will Robots Take My Job?
- Algorithms to Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!