Grindr, MyFitnessPal, and Panera Bread. They’ve all had data breach scares of varying degrees this week. Some handled the security breaches well, some didn’t. We took a look at how well different firms are respecting your data privacy.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who weren’t joined by a special guest for this recording.
- Grindr Is Letting Other Companies See User HIV Status And Location Data
- Grindr Will Now Remind You To Get Tested For HIV
- Grindr to stop sharing HIV status with third parties
- Hackers steal data of 150 million MyFitnessPal app users
- MyFitnessPal Security Issue FAQ
- Smashing Security: Passwords – a Smashing Security splinter
- Panerabread.com Leaks Millions of Customer Records
- No, Panera Bread Doesn’t Take Security Seriously
- Don't blame Panera Bread's security guy just because he used to work at Equifax
- Viking seafarers may have navigated with legendary crystals
- BBC Fooled By Brexit Emoji April Fools Prank On Air
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!