Cryptomining goes nuclear, YouTube for Kids gets scary, and TV ads have been given the green light to mess with your Amazon Alexa.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Government websites hijacked by cryptomining plugin
- Russian nuclear scientists arrested for allegedly hijacking supercomputer to mine Bitcoins
- Now that's taking the p… Sewage plant 'hacked' to craft crypto-coins
- Salon website gives you a choice: turn off your ad blocker or let us mine cryptocurrencies
- Smashing Security 059: An intro to Bitcoin and Blockchain
- YouTube Kids app still showing disturbing videos
- Something is wrong on the internet – James Bridle
- Amazon Echo Dot ad cleared over cat food order
- Broadcast Code – ASA
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders warns Twitter about Amazon Echo after 2-year-old orders $80 Batman toy
- Cat Food (Amazon Echo Commercial) – YouTube
- Dinosaur Chess
- The Furby Organ, A Musical Instrument Made From Furbies – YouTube
- Wintergatan – Marble Machine (music instrument using 2000 marbles) – YouTube
- Poppy introduces a plant – YouTube
- Poppy is a disturbing internet meme seen by millions. Can she become a pop sensation?
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!