Fitness trackers breaching your privacy, how anyone can create convincing celebrity porn, and how ransomware authors are getting ripped off by scammers.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Strava's Global Heatmap
- Nathan Ruser tweets about Strava's global heatmap
- Privacy of fitness tracking apps in the spotlight after soldiers' exercise routes shared online
- Thar she blows: Strava heat map shows folk on shipwreck packed with 1,500 tonnes of bombs
- Advanced Deanonymization through Strava
- Fake celebrity porn is blowing up on Reddit, thanks to artificial intelligence
- Reddit User Outperforms Disney with AI-Generated Princess Leia
- Fake News Is About to Get Even Scarier than You Ever Dreamed
- Josh Turner of The Other Favorites – YouTube
- The Levee by The Other Favorites – YouTube
- Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan
- United denies woman's attempt to bring peacock onto flight
- Dexter The Peacock on Instagram
- Reforestation Drones Can Plant 100K Trees In An Hour
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!