Another major ransomware outbreak rattles the world - but no-one can decide what it’s called, the danger posed to driverless cars by kangaroos, and do you really want an Amazon Echo Show?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest David Bisson.
David Bisson - @DMBisson
- Martijn Grooten on Twitter: “Seriously injured man lies next to tree…” — Martijn seems to be suggesting the infosecurity industry might have the wrong priorities.
- Global ransomware outbreak hits organisations hard
- Cybereason discovers NotPetya kill switch — You might want to create a file called “perfc” in your Windows folder.
- Info on the PetrWrap/Petya ransomware: Email account in question already blocked since midday — Don’t pay the ransom folks…
- Driverless cars: Kangaroos throwing off animal detection software — Cripes!
- How Flying Cars Will Boost Intel, Uber and Airbus
- Amazon’s New Echo Show Is Very Cool And A Little Creepy
- [PSA] Intercom (drop-in) does require calling to be enabled and needs access to your contact list
- Malicious Life podcast — Interviewing Graham Cluley, Vesselin Bontchev, and others about the early days of malware.
- 50th anniversary of the ATM opens debate about mobile payments
- Why Was The World’s First Cash Machine In Enfield?
- “On The Buses” - YouTube — Starring Reg Varney, famous for being one of the first people in the world to use an ATM.
- The Bright Sessions podcast
Thanks to our sponsor:
This episode of Smashing Security is made possible by the generous support of Rapid7.
Identifying, prioritizing and managing vulnerabilities all the way through to remediation is not only possible, it can be simple. Right now.
Build a vulnerability management program that works for you with Insight VM, by Rapid7. Get started with your free 30 day trial at www.rapid7.com
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!