Graham is embarrassed by a Twitter security snafu. How an animated GIF could prove deadly. Social engineering threats against your workforce. And will you be able to do any work on your laptop next time you catch an airplane?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Alex Eckelberry.Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | Overcast | Stitcher | RSS for you nerds.
- Sorry for the Nazi spam from my Twitter account - Graham Cluley
- Newsweek reporter Kurt Eichenwald on Fox News, 15 December 2016 - YouTube
- Maryland man arrested for cyberstalking - US Dept of Justice
- US man held for sending flashing tweet to epileptic writer - BBC News
- Epilepsy site hacked with seizure images - CBS News
- How to really pronounce GIF - howtoreallypronouncegif.com
- Gif’s inventor says ignore dictionaries and say ‘Jif’ - BBC News
- How to disable animated GIFs in different web browsers - The Windows Club
- How to disable autoplaying videos on Twitter - Twitter
- This is the email that hacked Hillary Clinton’s campaign chief - Bitdefender Hot for Security
- Fry all the things! USB Kill zaps tons of computing devices - Graham Cluley
- UK flight ban on electronic devices announced - BBC News
- Electronics banned from cabins on some Middle Eastern and African flights to U.S. - CNN
This episode of Smashing Security is made possible by the generous support of Recorded Future - the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at recordedfuture.com/intel
Thanks to Recorded Future for their support.
Hope you enjoy the show, and tell us what you think. You can follow the Smashing Security team at @SmashinSecurity on Twitter.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!