A creepy teddybear leaks two million voicemail messages, Windows 10 pushes you into only installing vetted apps, and Boeing warns 36,000 employees their personal information could have been exposed after a worker sends a spreadsheet to his wife.
All this and more is discussed by computer security veterans Graham Cluley, Vanja Svajcer and Carole Theriault.Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | Overcast | Stitcher | RSS for you nerds.
- Announcing the first SHA1 collision
- Tavis Ormandy: Cloudflare Reverse Proxies are Dumping Uninitialized Memory
- Incident report on memory leak caused by Cloudflare parser bug
- List of Sites possibly affected by Cloudflare’s #Cloudbleed HTTPS Traffic Leak
- Quantifying the impact of “CloudBleed”
- CloudPets commercial
- Data from connected CloudPets teddy bears leaked and ransomed, exposing kids’ voice messages
- Microsoft slaps Apple Gatekeeper-like controls on Windows 10: Install only apps from store
- Boeing Notifies 36,000 Employees Following Breach
Thanks to NetFort - https://www.netfort.com/ - for sponsoring this episode of Smashing Security.
Hope you enjoy the show, and tell us what you think. You can follow the Smashing Security team at @SmashinSecurity on Twitter.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!