Join me and fellow computer security industry veterans Vanja Svajcer and Carole Theriault as we have another casual chat about whatever is on our minds. You can either watch the video, or listen to the podcast.
This week, in Smashing Security #004: “You don’t mess with Brian Krebs”, the Spora ransomware that offers you more than just your encrypted files back, Brian Krebs busts the alleged masterminds behind the Mirai botnet, and be careful that your IT staff aren’t the only ones who know your company’s passwords.
Oh, and one member of the team gets a birthday surprise…
Recorded live: Thursday 10 January, 2017.
Hope you enjoy the show, and tell us what you think! You can follow the Smashing Security team at @SmashinSecurity on Twitter.
- Spora Ransomware Works Offline, Has the Most Sophisticated Payment Site as of Yet
- Spora - the Shortcut Worm that is also a Ransomware
- Popcorn Time ransomware invites you to get ‘nasty’ to recover your files
- Who is Anna-Senpai, the Mirai Worm Author?
- College fires IT admin, loses access to Google email, successfully sues IT admin for $250,000
- Fired IT Employee at Online Indiana College Offered to Help Unlock Google Account for $200K