Is Norton Security 2016 providing a doorway for crackers or hackers?

« Other questions

Is Norton Internet Security 2016 faulty?

I have had 3019,1 error this morning, apparently fixed. I don’t know what exactly a 3019,1 error is even though I’ve tried to find out this morning. (An odd thing, a couple of sites had headlines about norton being faulty which I clicked, only my Norton blocked them saying they were unsafe – therefore I don’t know whether to read them or not!)

The most worrying thing is that in the history report Norton says I have successfully connected to a couple of network addresses, one a private network using hexadecimal numbers as its address and one the more familiar type intel(R) wifi link 5100 AGN ip address, neither of which are mine. At least I don’t think they are. I am running Windows Vista, updated whenever an update appears. I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.

Can anyone advise me where to start to sort this out? Thank you so much for your help, in advance. I just think this site, and Graham Cluley, is a Godsend.

• You must to post comments

Hi,you might try contacting Norton directly,and try emailing Graham directly by email. See the link at the bottom of the page.

• You must to post comments
Showing 1 result
Your Answer

Please first to submit.